PostgreSQL Cluster utilization!
pgCluu is a PostgreSQL performances monitoring and auditing tool.
View reports of all statistics collected from your PostgreSQL databases cluster. pgCluu will show you the entire informations of the PostgreSQL Cluster and the system utilization
pgCluu is a Perl program used to perform a full audit of a PostgreSQL Cluster performances. It is divided in two parts, a collector used to grab statistics on the PostgreSQL cluster using psql and sar, a grapher that will generate all HTML and charts output. It is fully open source and free of charge.
pgCluu is licenced under the PostgreSQL Licence a liberal Open Source license, similar to the BSD or MIT licenses.
That mean that all parts of the program are open source and free of charge.
This is the case for both, the collecter and the grapher programs.
pgCluu is an original development of Gilles Darold.
Some parts of the collector are taken from pgstats a C program writen by Guillaume Lelarge and especially the SQL queries including the compatibility with all PostgreSQL versions.
Btw pgCluu grapher is compatible with files generated by pgstats, sar and sadc so you can use it independantly to graph those data. Some part of the sar output parser are taken from SysUsage.
pgCluu is open-source and you can get community support using online services like the bug tracker at GitHub.org. You can also write to me directly at < gilles _AT_ darold _DOT_ net >
For professional support you can contact Dalibo that delivers a full range of services and support around PostgreSQL.
For a complete list of commercial support near of your place take a look at the PostgreSQL Professional Services page, they all do great job.
Bugs reports & features requests
Bugs reports, pull resquests, fix and features requests can be sent through the GitHub tracker.
You can also write to me at < gilles _AT_ darold _DOT_ net >.
Source Lines of Code: 7,961 Estimated Cost to Develop: $ 238,593 (Generated using David A. Wheeler's 'SLOCCount'.)
2014-03-31 - Version 2.0 released
This major release adds more than twenty new reports. pgCluu now reports everything you want to know about your PostgreSQL server from a cluster, database, or operating system point of view. It is also able to collect statistics about pgBouncer, shared buffer utilization using pg_buffercache, most frequent and time consuming queries with pg_stat_statements and really much more, see full list bellow.
New or enhanced reports/features:
2014-01-28 - Version 1.1 released
This new release adds lot of report improvements and bug fixes. There is also several new features or reports :
- Format mouse tracker on graphs to show all dataset values at a time.
- Add run queue length report to system menu.
- Add checkpoint write and sync times reports.
- Add report of PostgreSQL version
- Split background writer buffer and count statistics into separated reports.
- Add report of maxwritten_clean into bgwriter reports.
- Add report of kernel parameters to the system info page.
- Add collect of system kernel tuning parameters.
- Allow pgcluu to parse sar file generated from sa file, use commands -f /var/log/sysstat/sa*".
- Split commit, rollback and backend graph by using a second yaxis for backend.
- Add System Information report.
- Move Cache hit/miss ratio on second yaxis and change dataset colors.
- Add collect of OS release information.
- Allow pgcluu_collectd to grab OS information (cpu, memory, etc.) and
- info option to only grab that information (for testing).
- Reformat dashboard information.
- timezone to set the hour(s) from GMT time to adjust times on sar report.
and lot of changes/fixes, see ChangeLog for a complete list.
2013-11-18 - Version 1.0 released
This is the first public release of pgCluu, that is a packaging of the tools I use every day to collect statistics and build reports of PostgreSQL Clusters for performances auditing and troubleshooting.
At this time it collect and report most of what is helpful for a PostgreSQL Cluster performance auditing. There's lot of others reports to be included:
- Statistics reports concerning tables.
- Statistics reports about pg_stat_statement.
- More Sar statistiques reports.
This will comes in next release.
The goal of this project is to provide a complete PostgreSQL auditing tool that do not need any dependency so that it can be run on any server.
If you just have a sar output file, pgCluu can be use to draw graphs about the system utilization only.